With only days to go until our big performance, you’ve been practicing and learning your words superbly. In addition, some have represented the school against Pwll Coch and competed in the Urdd’s swimming gala. We have been learning about the history of Owain Glyndwr and have continued with solving timetable problems in maths.
Congratulations to Onwy Gower for publishing her first book which is now available to order. The title of the book if the ‘Llyfr Adar Mawr i Blant’. The perfect Christmas gift for the lover of nature in your life.
Your homework this week is to ensure you have an outfit for the Christmas performance and to read an English book with an adult at home. Remember to fill the ‘Cofnod Darllen’. English spelling words get the attention this week, so try and revise the following:
Parents currently receive SMS messages and reminders on mobile phones. This scheme will end after Christmas. To continue receiving messages from Treganna, please install the Groupcall Xpression on your phone or Tablet.
Individual Stage competitions Primary Age group
Registration closes 10/01/2020
1. Solo Year 2-4.
2. Solo Year 5-6.
3. Recitation Year 2-4.
4. recitation Year 5-6.
5. Learners Recitation Year 6 and under
6. Instrumaental solo Year 6 and under
Performance no longer then 5 min
7. Folk song solo primary age
8. Cerdd Dant solo primary
9. Individual folk dance year 6 and under
Live or recorded music – no longer than e mins
Prizes £10, £6 and £3
Written competitions Primary Age group
Closing date for written work 6pm Friday 6 December 2019.
39. Limerick including the line “es adre ar ddiwedd y noson (I went home at the end of the night)” Competition open to all. £10
40. Englyn on the subject of “cloud” Competition open to all. £10
41. A poem of no more than 50 lines on the subject “streets”Competition open to all. £40
42. A poem, monologue, imaginary story or part of a diary on the the text of “any animal” Year 2 to 4 pupils only. £10
43. A poem, monologue, imaginary story or part of a diary on the subject “any animal”. Year 5 and 6 pupils only. £10
We’ve had a busy half term! Well done to the children for learning all of the songs for the Harvest service. Their performaces were inceridible !
Over half term we’d like the children to prepare a short oral presentation. Beginning on Monday 4th November, each child will be asked to speak (in Welsh) in front of the class for a few minutes. They wil discuss:
· A Victorian Invention
There are some web site links to help them on the children’s page (click on “Cymraeg” at the top of this page).
They should remember:
· They may bring books, picture or artefacts to show the class as they talk
· If using a Powerpoint, they should include ONLY a title, then a subtitle and picture(s) on each slide. No sentences, please! There are NO extra marks for Powerpoints.
· They may choose to use sub-headings on cards as a prompt instead (no sentences).
· We will be assessing the children’s ability to talk freely, not to read.
There will be no spelling test during this week as we’ll be listening to the presentations during spelling and reading times. However, we will be encouraging the children to continue to read at home.
We hope you enjoy half term, and we thank you for your continued support.
Mrs Davage, Miss Lewis, Miss Williams and Mr Evans.